The RYSA U8 Pre-Academy program is geared towards boys and girls in the U7-U8 age group who have excelled at an early age in the game of soccer demonstrating good basic soccer skills. The focus of this group will be to bridge the gap between the RYSA recreational program and the Academy program where sessions will be conducted in a more structured manner by RYSA professional coaching staff. The program will challenge the players to develop their technical skills as players will spend a great deal of time mastering ball manipulation.
The players will train on Tuesdays and Thursdays beginning the first week of February with game components beginning the first weekend of March. Training, scrimmages within the Pre-Academy program, and matches with outside clubs will be organized and implemented by a RYSA Academy or Select staff coach.
Who can participate?
- Players whose birthdate falls within the period of 8-1-07 to 7-31-09
- The players will be evaluated by the RYSA staff before participation is allowed.
- If you would like to be evaluated for the program, please email our academy director Keion Yearwood at email@example.com or our boys director, Dusty Fouser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Evaluations will be held February 2nd and 4th from 6:00-7:15pm at the RYSA complex on the Independence field.
When do the kids play?
- The spring season will last 14 weeks with practices beginning the second week in February and ending the first weekend in May. The program will provide two practice sessions a week and game components on the weekend.
Where do the children play?
- Training and practice will be held at the RYSA Soccerplex in Conyers, GA
What equipment is needed?
- Soccer cleats
- Size 3 ball
- Water bottle
- Shin guards
- Players must wear black socks, black shorts and a royal training shirt.
How much will it cost to participate?
- The cost of participation is $300 per season and includes 26 practices and 8 weekend game components.
- Uniform is not included and can be ordered from our uniform provider. Cost for the uniform is around $150 and can be used for multiple years.
How do I sign up to play?
- Please register for evaluations prior to tryouts so we can better prepare and organize the evaluations.
Please click here to sign in or create an account and register for evaluations (evalutations are free).
· After evaluations, parents will be contacted to register for the program through the Blue Sombrero account you created.
FEBRUARY - (4 practices with 2 evaluations)
Evaluations - February 2nd and 4th from 6:00-7:15pm at the RYSA SoccerPlex
Practices - February 9th (First Practice), February 11th, February 23rd, February 25th
February 15th -19th - Off for Rockdale Co. Winter Break
MARCH - (10 practices and 4 games)
March 1st, March 3rd, March 5th (First Game), March 8th, March 10th, March 12th (Game), March 15th, March 17th, March 19th (Game), March 22nd, March 24th, March 26th (Game), March 29th, March 31st.
APRIL - (6 practices and 3 games)
April 4-8th - Off for Rockdale Co. Spring Break
April 12th, April 14th, April 16th (Game), April 19th, April 21st, April 23rd (Game), April 26th, April 28th, April 30th (Game).
MAY - (2 practices and 1 game)
May 3rd, May 5th.
Note- There may be an additional game weekend put together to enter a tournament for selected individuals. More information to come as the season moves along. There also is a possibility of playing some away games with some other local clubs within our age group.
If you have any questions, please email our academy director Keion Yearwood at email@example.com or our boys director, Dusty Fouser at firstname.lastname@example.org.