RYSA Mini-Revs - Soccer Program for 3 year old children
**Children must be 3 years old to be eligible**
The RYSA Mini Revs 1 program is a fun introductory program into the world of soccer specifically designed for younger children. Mini Revs 1 is centered around introducing the child to the soccer ball as a toy, and allowing them to learn what they can and can not do with it. Children will have a positive environment where they can learn about soccer and their soccer ball through fun activities and basic training techniques.
The RYSA Mini Revs 2 program is a bridge between Mini Revs 1 and our U6 soccer program. This program continues to show children what they can and can not do with their soccer ball. In this program, we also introduce children to the 1v1, creating a little competition through the soccer elements of dribbling, passing, shooting, defending, and tackling. With these activities, children start to see and understand group activities as they learn to play with others.
The Mini-Revs program does not have teams or games. The sessions are training session used to teach the basic fundamentals of soccer. We have found that trying to play actual soccer games at this age just does not work. The Mini-Revs program is the stepping stone towards the U6 soccer program where the teams practice once a week and actually play soccer games on the weekends. Assistance is needed from the parents. Parent participation is strongly encouraged in the Mini-Revs program in order to give our younger players a sense of comfort. There are no set teams in the Mini-Revs program, all of the players are a RYSA team in the Mini-Revs program.
The cost per season is $70 which includes 8 training sessions, a RYSA Mini-Revs t-shirt, and a participation award at the end of the season.
The following items will be needed for the Mini-Revs Program:
- Players will need to wear tennis shoes or turf shoes. We suggest to first time players to wear tennis shoes to make sure that your child enjoys soccer before making the investment in turf shoes or cleats.
- Every player will need to bring a size 3 soccer ball to every session. RYSA does not provide soccer balls and each week players will need their soccer ball so please don’t forget this.
- Players must wear soccer shin guards. These are to be worn inside of the socks.
- Players will need soccer socks, these are not provided by RYSA.
- Every player will receive a shirt by the 3rd session.
- Please make sure that your player wears comfortable sports shorts, no jeans, khaki shorts or skirts.
You can buy all of the items listed above at Academy Sports, Target, or Walmart.
For additional questions about this program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org