- Please arrive at field at least 30 minutes prior
to scheduled kickoff.
- Bring all soccer equipment; soccer shoes, both
uniforms, shinguards, ball and water.
- Please “release” your child with ALL items to
the coaching staff for organized warm-up. Parents will be asked to go to
other side of field at this time.
EXPECTED PARENT BEHAVIOR:
- Please remember where you are and what is going
on at all times. This is a game
for the kids. Do not do anything
that will take away from them having a positive experience.
- Please DO NOT COACH your kid or any others from
- Please do not yell at the referee no matter how
bad he/she is.
- Please do not yell at opposing players, coach,
- Please do not yell or cheer excessively while
play is going on, try to wait until the play has completed before
- Please be positive on the sidelines. If you have
nothing positive to say, then say nothing.
- Please stay on parent side of field unless coach
calls for you or in case of emergency situation.
- It is important to support your child and
encourage them in athletics in the proper manner. Don’t go overboard at this age. Soccer is a very difficult sport, and
your child as well as all others will make more mistakes than not. The important things are the fun they
are having, the exercise that comes with playing, and the development of
playing an organized sport with other kids.
- PLEASE down play the importance of winning or
losing these games. The idea is to
compete in order to improve.
WHAT THE COACHES ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Technical ability (aka ball skills); Control of ball, dribbling – to keep
possession, and to beat defenders, passing, and shooting
- Positional shape; 6v6 and 8v8
- Possession of ball.
- Players playing all positions
- Ample playing time for all
IN GENERAL: please do not approach coaches
on gameday unless there is an emergency.
They will be very busy organizing the team.
Thank you for your support.